Have you recently found yourself in need of dental alignment and wondering how much it is going to cost you? It is a good question given the high cost of dental services in the country. While it is important to maintain a beautiful and perfectly aligned set of teeth, you would want to know that you can afford it. If you are reading this then you are probably wondering about the same thing.
In this piece, we will go over the average cost of traditional metal braces and other modern alternatives for straightening teeth. Knowing this bit of information should better prepare you for the cost of having your teeth aligned.
Benefits of dental braces
Dental braces offer numerous benefits for individuals seeking to improve their oral health and smile aesthetics. One primary advantage is the correction of misaligned teeth and bite issues. It can address problems like crooked teeth, overcrowding, overbites, underbites, and crossbites. By realigning the teeth and jaws, braces can enhance not only the appearance of your smile but also your overall oral function. This can result in better chewing, speaking, and a reduced risk of dental problems like tooth decay and gum disease, as straight teeth are easier to clean and maintain.
Another significant benefit of braces is the boost in self-confidence and self-esteem that comes with a straightener, more aesthetically pleasing smile. Correcting dental issues can lead to improved facial harmony, and individuals often feel more comfortable and happier with their appearance, leading to increased social and professional opportunities. Additionally, the improved bite alignment can reduce the risk of jaw pain and discomfort, making it easier for individuals to enjoy their daily activities without discomfort or pain.
Lastly, orthodontic treatment with braces can contribute to better long-term oral health. Straight teeth are less likely to suffer from uneven wear and tear, which can lead to dental problems. By addressing alignment issues early, braces can prevent more significant dental issues in the future, potentially reducing the need for more extensive and costly dental work. Overall, dental braces can be a valuable investment in both your oral health and your overall well-being.
Dental braces aren’t just for teenagers! Straightening your teeth with braces offers a multitude of benefits that extend far beyond aesthetics, impacting your oral health, self-confidence, and even overall well-being. Here’s a deeper dive into the advantages of braces:
1. Enhanced Oral Health:
- Improved Bite Alignment: Misaligned teeth can lead to problems like uneven wear, bite problems like overbite or underbite, and difficulty chewing. Braces correct these issues, distributing chewing forces evenly and preventing premature tooth wear.
- Reduced Gum Disease Risk: Overlapping or crowded teeth make flossing and brushing difficult, leading to plaque buildup and increased risk of gum disease. Braces straighten teeth, making thorough cleaning easier and protecting your gums.
- Speech Improvement: In some cases, misaligned teeth can affect speech clarity. Braces can correct issues like lisps or difficulty pronouncing certain sounds, leading to clearer and more confident communication.
- Bone Preservation: Misaligned teeth can put pressure on the jawbone, leading to bone loss over time. Braces realign teeth, reducing this pressure and preserving bone health, especially around teeth with gum disease.
2. Boosted Confidence:
- Straighter Smile: A straight, confident smile can significantly impact your self-esteem and social interactions. Braces pave the way for a smile you’re proud to show off, enhancing your overall confidence and happiness.
- Improved Facial Harmony: Aligning teeth can sometimes subtly adjust facial features, creating a more balanced and aesthetically pleasing facial profile. This can further boost self-confidence and overall well-being.
3. Long-Term Benefits:
- Reduced Future Dental Costs: Straight teeth are easier to clean and maintain, making them less susceptible to cavities and other dental problems in the long run. This can translate to significant savings on future dental care costs.
- Improved Oral Hygiene Habits: Wearing braces often instills good oral hygiene habits, as consistent brushing and flossing become essential for their success. These habits can last a lifetime, contributing to long-term oral health.
- Improved Overall Health: Studies have linked oral health to overall health. By improving your oral health through braces, you may indirectly benefit other aspects of your well-being, such as cardiovascular health and digestion.
A Review of the cost of Orthodontic services in Sydney
Now it cannot be denied that the cost of dental treatment is a major factor for most people and braces are no exception. In any case, it is important to follow your orthodontist recommendations in Sydney if only to avoid the risk of complications due to poor alignment and development of teeth.
The average cost of conventional metal braces in Australia is somewhere between $2,000 to $9,000. You would do well to look around and see what other dentists are charging and then act on the information. Most people may find it too costly but ultimately agree that it is well worth it considering all the elements involved.
Cost of clear braces and other alternatives to metal braces
Are you convinced that you need a dental alignment but do not want to wear metal braces because of how it may affect your appearance? If so, then you may find “invisible alternatives” like lingual braces (braces behind teeth) and invisalign (clear braces) much more appealing.
Keep in mind that modern and less conspicuous alternative to metal braces cost more. The average cost of invisible braces is around $6000 to $9000 (full treatment). The average cost of lingual braces in Australia is considerably higher at $7500 to $12,500.
Now regardless of what type of braces you are interested in, be aware that the figures mentioned above are merely ballpark figures. Still, it should give you a good idea on what to expect regarding cost when getting braces. The only way to get an exact quote is to arrange a consultation with an orthodontist who can examine you and create a personalised treatment for straightening your teeth. Also, most dental clinics offer flexible payment plans and financing options to help you better manage the cost of getting your dental braces.