Are you in need of dental implants to replace missing teeth? Such a dental appliance is a proven and efficient solution for tooth loss but only if you entrust the task to a qualified and highly capable expert in implant dentistry. You might be wondering, though – how do you go about finding the latter?
In this piece, we will go over a few important things that you would want to consider when choosing a cosmetic dental professional for a smile makeover. Missing teeth can easily sap one’s confidence and bring about poor oral health. Fortunately, tooth loss is a problem that can be mitigated and a perfect smile restored with dental implants.
A review on choosing a cosmetic dentist for a dental implant
To find one of the best dentists for your dental implant, you need to know what to look out for along with a good understanding of what the procedure entails. Most people do not realise just how complicated dental implants are thinking that it is only a matter of screwing on a fake tooth onto your jaw. The truth is that the process is a lot more intricate than that.
They require remarkable ability to work with which is obtained only through years of training and study. All these are necessary if one is to offer dental implant services safely and efficiently.
Know that not all dental specialists have what it takes to provide dental alignment. The following are a few important things that you need to consider before getting a dental implant:
When seeking the best implant dentist, you can expect a combination of expertise, professionalism, and a patient-centered approach. Here’s what you should expect from a top-notch implant dentist:
- Thorough Consultation:
- A comprehensive consultation is the first step. The dentist should conduct a thorough examination of your oral health, review your medical history, and discuss your expectations and concerns. This information is crucial for developing a personalized treatment plan.
- Detailed Treatment Plan:
- The best implant dentists provide a detailed and customized treatment plan. This plan should outline each step of the implant process, including the initial evaluation, surgery details, healing period, and the placement of the final restoration. Clear communication helps manage expectations and ensures a well-informed patient.
- Advanced Technology:
- Leading implant dentists invest in advanced dental technology. This may include cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) for precise imaging, digital impressions, and computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) for precise planning and placement of implants.
- Education and Training:
- A top-notch implant dentist has extensive education and training in implant dentistry. Look for credentials, certifications, and memberships in professional organizations related to implantology, such as the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) or the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID).
- Experience and Track Record:
- Experience is key in implant dentistry. The best implant dentists have a proven track record of successful implant placements. Ask about the number of implants they have placed, their success rates, and inquire about specific cases similar to yours.
- Patient-Centered Care:
- The best implant dentists prioritize patient-centered care. They listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and involve you in the decision-making process. A compassionate and empathetic approach contributes to a positive patient experience.
- Transparent Communication:
- Open and transparent communication is essential. The dentist should explain the entire process, potential risks, and benefits, as well as any alternative treatment options. Clear communication builds trust and ensures that you have realistic expectations.
- Post-Operative Care:
- A reliable implant dentist emphasizes the importance of post-operative care. This includes providing detailed instructions for aftercare, scheduling follow-up appointments to monitor the healing process, and being readily available to address any concerns or complications that may arise.
- Continued Education and Skill Enhancement:
- The best implant dentists stay updated on the latest advancements in implantology. They pursue continued education and training to enhance their skills and incorporate the latest technologies and techniques into their practice.
- Positive Patient Reviews:
- Positive patient reviews and testimonials are indicative of the dentist’s reputation and the quality of care they provide. Check online reviews or ask for references to get insights into the experiences of other patients.
Choosing the best implant dentist involves considering their qualifications, experience, and commitment to patient satisfaction. A dental professional who combines technical expertise with personalized care can provide you with a successful and positive implant experience.
Is your dentist a specialist on tooth implants?
If the answer is no, then you had better take your business somewhere else. While some general dental care professionals are perfectly capable of working with them, most of them will refer you to a specialist (Prosthodontist) for better care. Such an expert had spent many years of additional study and dental training to master the restoration and replacement of teeth.
Be wary of so-called “cheap implants” often administered by the unskilled and inexperienced. After all, your dental health is on the line, and you would do well to verify with a regulative body like the Australian Society of Implant Dentistry (ASID) to make sure that you are entrusting your needs to qualified and perfectly capable hands.
Experience working with dental implants
In many cases, a dental professional may have the license to offer dental implants but lack the experience which is just as important. After all, you would not want to get dental implants from a dentist who has performed the procedure only a few times. However, that can happen if you fail to consider the amount of experience your dental professionals have under their belts.
The right dentist should have performed dental implants countless times with excellent results and knows the procedure like the back of his/her hand. Such dental care professionals may charge more than their less accomplished peers but are ultimately worth it. After all, you are entrusting your needs to a dental care expert that knows what they are doing.
Prices of dental implants in cosmetic dentistry
Now that you have learned a few things about what to look out for when choosing a dentist for dental implants, you might be wondering – how much does it cost? How much are dental veneers and other treatments that may be necessary for the procedure? Both are excellent questions, and it is helpful to know what to expect out of dental implants regarding cost.
Now there are a few things that you would want to consider when weighing the cost of implant dentistry services. One is the cost of placement or the medical fee which cost around $2000 depending on where you get the procedure. For example, the same procedure done in Sydney can cost more compared to smaller metropolitan regions in the countryside.
Dental implant surgery is followed by three to six months of recovery after which a crown and abutment are attached to to the implant which bumps up the cost to about $3000. Thus the total average cost for a single tooth dental implant can amount to $5000 to $5500. For best results, additional dental treatments may be necessary such as dental veneers which cost at least $250 (composite veneers) to $1200 (porcelain veneers) per tooth. Some patients may also require bone grafting to obtain the required jawbone density to support a dental implant. In any case; the cost will vary depending on your needs and circumstance both of which should be explained clearly during your consultation with your dentist.
If you want to know more, Ask Macquarie Dental for additional information.