Six Month Smiles is a purely cosmetic procedure which focuses on straightening the front teeth in just six to nine months. It utilises specialised clear braces that improve smiles. Upon completion of the Six Month Smile treatment, patients may be required to get retainers immediately after. This is to ensure that the teeth up front will keep their new position over time.
Is Six Month Smiles Right for You?
While Six Month Smiles offers clear advantages, it’s not a one-size-fits-all solution. Unsure about braces? No worries! A quick chat with a qualified dentist or orthodontist will clear things up and lead you towards a happy smile. They’ll look at your smile, chat about all your options, and give you a breakdown of the costs!
Remember, Six Month Smiles excels at enhancing the aesthetics of your front teeth, but alternative solutions might be necessary for more complex orthodontic concerns.
What makes the Six Month Smiles unique?
The Six Month Smiles is a teeth-straightening solution that Sydney dentists and orthodontists offer if your sole objective is to improve aesthetics and enhance your smile. Unlike traditional braces that typically take years to complete, the 6 month braces results are more rapid in nature. The changes that you will see one month after installation are visibly noticeable.
Who is Six Month Braces most suited for in Australia?
This short-term orthodontic treatment is perfect for individuals who suffer from various misalignment problems that are not severe and require wearing traditional braces. 6 Month Braces are also suitable for cosmetic dental issues which occur in the front teeth. Here are conditions that may require Six Month Smiles solution:
- overlapping and crowding teeth
Conditions Treatable with Six Month Smiles:
Extrusions: When a tooth is pushed out of its socket, it appears longer than the neighbouring teeth.
Intrusions: When a tooth is pushed into its socket, it appears shorter than the neighbouring teeth.
Tipping: When a tooth is angled forward or backwards.
Spacing: A smile with noticeable spaces between the teeth.
Overbites: When the upper front teeth protrude over the lower front teeth.
Overlapping and crowding teeth: When teeth overlap or crowd each other.
These conditions do not include major bite problems which require long-term orthodontic treatment. Six Month Braces offers a short-term permanent solution for those who want to improve their smiles permanently.
Benefits of Six Month Smiles:
- Faster treatment times: Most Six Month Smiles treatments are completed in 6 to 12 months, compared to 18-24 months for traditional braces.
- Discreet: The clear or tooth-coloured braces are less noticeable than traditional metal braces.
- Comfortable: Six Month Smiles braces use gentle forces to move teeth, making them more comfortable than traditional braces.
- Convenient: No need for dietary restrictions or special cleaning.
Limitations of Six-Month Smiles:
- Not suitable for all cases: Six Month Smiles is not ideal for all orthodontic problems. It’s best for minor cosmetic issues.
- Higher cost: Six Month Smiles can be more expensive than traditional braces.
What steps can be taken to minimize the risk of complications during Six Month Smiles treatment?
While Six Month Smiles boasts a generally safe track record, taking proactive steps can help minimize the risk of complications and ensure a smooth treatment journey. Here are some key strategies:
1. Partner with a Qualified Practitioner:
- Seek an orthodontist or dentist with extensive experience in Six Month Smiles. Their expertise reduces the risk of errors and ensures optimal planning and execution of your treatment.
- Prioritize clear communication with your dental professional. Discuss any concerns or discomfort you experience promptly.
2. Maintain Oral Hygiene:
- Practice meticulous brushing and flossing to prevent plaque buildup and potential gum inflammation. This not only keeps your teeth healthy but also minimizes irritation caused by braces.
- Consider using an antiseptic mouthwash as recommended by your dentist. This can further combat bacteria and promote oral hygiene.
3. Be Mindful of Your Habits:
- Avoid hard, chewy foods that can dislodge brackets or damage the wires. Opt for softer options and cut food into smaller pieces when necessary.
- Be cautious with activities that could impact your teeth, such as contact sports or playing instruments. Consider protective mouthguards if needed.
- Break bad habits like nail biting or chewing on pens, which can put undue stress on the braces.
4. Follow Recommendations and Attend Appointments:
- Adhere to your dentist’s instructions regarding wearing and handling your retainers. Consistent use is crucial for maintaining results after treatment.
- Don’t miss scheduled appointments, as adjustments are essential for smooth tooth movement and minimizing potential complications.
5. Be Aware of Possible Signs of Trouble:
- Pay attention to any unusual pain, swelling, or bleeding around your teeth or gums. Promptly report such symptoms to your dentist for evaluation.
- Notice if your brackets become loose or detach, or if the wires cause excessive discomfort. Don’t hesitate to contact your dentist for repair or adjustments.
By implementing these preventative measures and maintaining open communication with your dental professional, you can significantly reduce the risk of complications and ensure a successful Six Month Smiles journey towards a radiant smile.
Remember, individual experiences may vary, and specific recommendations might differ based on your unique case. Always prioritize consulting your dentist or orthodontist for personalized advice and guidance throughout your Six Month Smiles treatment.
How much do Six Month braces cost?
Traditional braces cost up to $9000 whilst 6 Month Braces is priced between $3000 and $6500 only. The exact price will depend on the severity of your problem and the location of the dental clinic where you wish to get the treatment. The long-term cost of 6 Month braces is also cheaper since patients are only required to visit the dental clinic every 4 weeks within a 6 to 9-month period.
The cost of Six Month Smiles braces can vary depending on several factors, including:
- Location: Costs can be higher in urban areas compared to rural areas.
- Dentist’s experience: Orthodontists with extensive experience in Six Month Smiles treatment may charge more than those with less experience.
- Complexity of your treatment: Treatment for simple misalignments will likely be less expensive than for more complex cases requiring more adjustments.
- Inclusion of retainers: Some dentists may include the cost of retainers in the overall treatment price, while others may charge them separately.
Here are some additional things to consider when factoring in the cost:
- Dental insurance: Some dental insurance plans may offer partial coverage for Six Month Smiles treatment. It’s best to check with your insurance provider to see what your specific plan covers.
- Financing options: Many dentists offer financing options to help make Six Month Smiles treatment more affordable.
Are you looking to give Six Month Braces a try? If you have other questions about this treatment, contact us today! If you live in and around Sydney CBD, click here or call (02) 9223 9000 and make an appointment with us today!